Search This Blog

Friday, May 3, 2013

copper nails


Let me start of by saying that copper is my favorite metal. I love it so much that we had a custom engagement ring made for me in rose gold, before rose gold started becoming popular. When we made my engagement ring, there were NO rose gold engagement rings on the market. Now they are everywhere (of course.) 

With that is mind, it would make sense that I would love copper nail polish. My mom posted a photo of a copper polish she had found at the drug store. Of course I had to get myself a bottle. Below is what I did with it.



Pure Ice's "Watch Me Go," Nina Ultra Pro's "Emerald City," and Sally Hansen's "Copper Penny"

I've always thought that green and turquoise pair beautifully with copper (probably due to the fact that copper becomes green over time.) I started out with a green base of "Emerald City." After that I applied a coat of "Watch Me Go," then finally topped it off with "Copper Penny." The copper seemed too overpowering on the top, so I added another coat of "Watch Me Go" on top. Below are the final results.








I happened to stumble across these next two polishes while perusing the nail polish aisles at WalMart and Target. My eyes caught the coppers and they were instantly in my shopping cart (shhhh, don't tell my partner.)


OPI's "Sprung" and Essie's "Penny Talk"

I decided to try both of these coppers together, since I couldn't decide which one I wanted to try first. I started with OPI's "Sprung" as the base (about 2 coats.) Next, I painted the tips with "Penny Talk" by Essie. Below are the final results. I think it looks rather neat! Sorry about the crooked lines. I can normally do straighter nail tips than that...




No comments:

Post a Comment