Search This Blog

Sunday, December 16, 2012

Meet my hairy children

Those who know me know that I love my dogs to death. They make me laugh daily. They are such weird little beasts. Since they are such a huge part of my life, I guess I should introduce them.

Meet Gryphon(dor). Yes I know that's not how you spell Gryffindor (I didn't pick the spelling, that is the work of my man.) We refer to him as Griffy mostly anyways. He's a little oaf with an identity crisis. We have compared him to a flea and a wallaby...mostly a flea cuz he can jump so freaking high (you should see his ham hocks for thighs.) Most of the time he can be seen doing this:



This dog has a serious case of the jumpies. His name when we first adopted him was "Hoppy" and he was given up because he was "too energetic." Gee, what a surprise! I met him when I was volunteering at the local humane society. The first thing he did when I met him was jump and launch himself off of the kennel gate. I fell in love right there! Every time we take him to the dog park people say "Wow! He's a jumper." We politely smile and nod but in my head I'm thinking "really, I hadn't noticed." He hops for anything: when I'm feeding them, when I'm feeding myself, when I talk to him, when I grab the leash, when I breathe....

I would usually think nothing of a hopping dog, except in this case he can just 6 feet straight up and kiss your forehead! It's also quite interesting having to maneuver around the house when you have a dog jumping around you like he's a hopping electron in orbit.

He's also a bit of a doofus. He has no self control. He just goes! Due to his inability to restrain himself he is constantly falling off furniture and running into things, usually from mid flight. His bark is also rather ridiculous  He barks with his mouth open, not closing it between barks, so it is more like he's grunting like a caveman.

Our second dog is Butters, yes he was named after the South Park character. He has a split personality. One moment he goes from this:



an innocent little priss, who hates getting his feet wet, or any part of him wet for that matter, and snugging under blankets cuz he's ALWAYS cold! He always crowds me out of the space in front of the heater.

to this:



a Professor Chaos clone who will eat your hand if you try to clip his nails.

We usually refer to Butters as "Pig" because he looks so much like piglet, he oinks like a piggie, and he's soooo pink! He also has an identity crisis. We call him a snake for his slithering under things, including the couch (don't ask me how, I still am baffled by his ability to squeeze under there), an anteater for his unusually long tongue, a rooster because when the sun rises he sings the song of his people to wake us up, and a bird because he chirps like one.

Well, that sums up my boys...my crazy, crazy boys...



No comments:

Post a Comment