Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Holiday nails!

In the spirit of the holidays I thought I'd post my favorite holiday nail polishes for everyone!

I recently bought a few polishes from KBShimmer. As always the polishes are amazing! I get so many compliments on my nails when I wear her polishes (even from men!)

The first one is Candy Cane Crush. This polish is part of the Christmas collection, but it would also be good for Valentines Day and the Fourth of July (if you put it on top of blue polish.) Not only is the polish itself cute, but it is scented! Every time I wear it I just randomly start smelling my nails. I started doing it involuntarily. They smell like mint chip ice cream (mmmmm.) My friends were in awe of the smell! It's a clear polish with different sized hexagonal glitters in red and white. The polish part is a tad yellow due to the scented oils in it, so it might not work as well on white, but it works beautifully on other colors. I only had to use 1 layer of the polish followed by 1 or 2 layers of Sally Hansen's Insta Dry top coat to finish it off.

This is candy cane crush over O.P.I's breast cancer polish "I Think in Pink."

This is candy Cane Crush over Sally Hansen's Diamond Strength color "06 Pink Promise."

My favorite of the holiday collection polishes is Berry Christmas. I am a sucker for red and it is a beautiful red at that. Even though it is a Christmas themed polish, it really does work well for everyday of the year. It is a jelly type polish, so it is not opaque like other polishes. This allows the glitter to really pop. I think it adds a beautiful depth to the polish as well. This polish requires more top coats than usual, but it's worth it. I used 2 coats of Gelous followed by one coat of Sally Hansen's Insta Dry top coat. That gave the polish a nice smooth finish.



Honestly, if you can, I highly suggest purchasing one of these polishes. They are so beautiful and unique. You will be sure to get compliments!


No comments:

Post a Comment