Search This Blog

Thursday, March 28, 2013

Spring Nails


The other day I was looking at the trees and commented on the little buds appearing. The next morning, I looked out my window to find the trees were covered in flowers. Such a dramatic difference, overnight! Spring is here!

In the spirit of the season, I would like to show you some nail polish I have been playing with, that goes well with spring.





KBShimmer's "Iris My Case" is a cute "crelly" polish full of purple, blue, pink and white glitter. The polish reminds me off those robin egg whopper candies that come out this time of year. I had several people comment on how cute they thought this polish was. It is one of my favorites.


Another polish I have, also by KBshimmer, is "Lottie Dottie". I've never really been a fan of white nail polish, but this polish drew me in. It's another "crelly" polish with round blue and magenta glitter, with some tiny and bar glitter of the same colors.


I decided to try making my own "jelly" polish. I took a bottle of cheap clear polish, and added about 30 drops of my OPI pink polish and mixed it thoroughly. I put on 3 layers of the resulting polish, and topped it with China Glaze's "Luxe and Lush." I am happy with the result. I am starting to get addicting to jelly polishes.


I was at BiMart recently, and stumbled into the nail polish section (okay I didn't stumble there, I went there on purpose.) I noticed that Revlon had a jelly glitter polish, not unlike one I had been mulling around in my head (wanting to make it.) I snatched the polish up and put it on the next day. I am very happy with the result. It has light pink, dark pink, & blue glitter of different sizes. It is called "Girly," which is a perfect description of the polish!

No comments:

Post a Comment